Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 2:53 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 300

In article <1ed47342-a974-4a8a-9718-3d4b538edb57@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:59:23 AM UTC-7, muec...@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
>

> >> The old story of the marbles in the urn. In the limit the urn is empty but
> >> the limit of number of marbles is infinite. If limits have to be
> >> calculated by the finite terms, like in mathematics,then this is a
> >> contradiction.

> > You mean the Urn where every marble is eventually removed,
> > and at Noon the Urn is empty?

> >> Set theory depends on labeling the marbles.

Without labels/names, one cannot speak about anything, so WM's science
is as corrupt and inept as his mathematics.

> > Science forbids the labeling of objects?
>
> Science forbids that results depend on the labels.

The results of the Urn gedankenexperiment do not depend on labels, only
on the individuality and uniqueness of the things labeled.

> In the animation for my students you can follow a very pathological case

Anything WM does is pathological.

> When always the smallest number is removed from the urn, the urn is empty at
> "the end".

When every ball inserted into the is finally removed from the urn, the
urn is certainly empty.

> When always the smallest odd number is removed, nothing substantial is
> changed

Except that some of the balls inserted into the urn are not later
removed from the urn. That is a substantial enough difference to change
the final result from empty to not empty.

If everything put into an initially empty urn is later removed, the urn
ends up empty.

If NOT everything put into an initially empty urn is later removed, the
urn ends up NOT empty.

At least everywhere outside of WM's wild weird world of WMytheology .