Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 2:53 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 300

In article <b277dbce-84ae-40c3-ba3e-ec9fe9e7a884@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> > Now, this entire things seems logically invalid, And IS paradoxical.
> > However, the logic is fine.

> That's why nobody is interested in this shame of human intellect.
> Only cranks. fools and jerks are pursuing this kind of logic.

And WM is all of these!

> Science forbids that results depend on the labels.

No it does not, at least not for macroscopic bodies like balls.

Labels are one way to distinguish between different physical objects.
While we cannot label quantum things like electrons or neutrons, we can
easily label balls or otherwise mark then in ways which will preserve
their identities over time

> When always the smallest number is removed from the urn, the urn is empty at
> "the end".
> When always the smallest odd number is removed

Then one has a different situation, so one can reasonably expect a
different outcome.

> No, it comes into play here:
> When always the smallest number is removed from the urn, the urn is empty at
> "the end".

Only because that guarantees that every ball is removed.

> When always the smallest odd number is removed, nothing substantial is
> changed, but the set theoretical limit is now an infinite set.

So |N\|N = {} but |N\Odds= Evens. At least outside of WMytheology.