Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 8:54 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 300

In article <a2e701bf-1259-4c43-b5d3-5b4b8066d923@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Sunday, 7 July 2013 23:17:33 UTC+2, Virgil wrote:
> > In mathematics, every truth is ultimately of the form "If...,then...".
> > I.e., its consequences depend on its assumptions.

> If a marble is removed only when another one has been inserted, then never
> all marbles can have been removed, may their number be finite or infinite.

As I recall the problem, it requires an initially empty vase, and that
each ball inserted into that vase before noon is also removed before
noon.
Unless there is some error in that description of the problem, I feel
safe in concluding that at noon, no numbers remain in the vase.

If WM disagrees, perhaps he would care to name some of the balls he
supposes will remain in the vase at noon.