Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 8:54 PM

LudovicoVan

From: London
Registered: 2/8/08
Re: Matheology § 300

"fom" <fomJUNK@nyms.net> wrote in message
news:rLKdnQxquvRS10bMnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@giganews.com...
> On 7/8/2013 3:27 PM, Virgil wrote:

>> If WM disagrees, perhaps he would care to name some of the balls he
>> supposes will remain in the vase at noon.

Half of the balls remain, in the 2 in 1 out.

To work with indexes one has to put specific constraints on the operations,
but it's all the same up to isomorphism. And, where indexes are not finite,
it's you who cannot ask the question...

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balls_and_vase_problem
>
> There are several interpretations.

But one sensible answer.

I have posted about the Ross-Littlewood paradox and resolutions in the past:
scattered in the noise, but I could try and dig out something if you or
anybody is really interested.

Julio