Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

"Nasser M. Abbasi" schrieb:

> On 7/5/2013 11:42 AM, clicliclic@freenet.de wrote:

> > Only Rubi's performance on the problems from Chapters 1 remains
> > unknown now. Derive versions of these problems are appended below
> > (taken from my current file).

> Just copied and edited for Mathematica's syntax the 86 integrals
> for chapter 1 you posted.
>
> They are in the same Rubi's Mathematica notebook so any one
> can run them.
>
> http://www.12000.org/my_notes/timofeev_integrals/index.htm
>
> I put ?? next to the ones that require extra look. But a quick
> obvservations shows this:
>
> 1. Chapter 1, ex. 29 and ex 64. not evaluated.
> 2. Chapter 1, ex. 43 Results does not match book?
> 3. Chapter 1, ex. 57 Results does not match book?
> 4. Chapter 1, ex. 48.3, 53, 62, 68, only Real part of Rubi's result
> matches book's result. Is this OK?

Thanks for the data. I have verified that Rubi 4.1 fails on problems 29
and 64 only, otherwise the Rubi antiderivatives differ the model results
in my Derive file at most by piecewise constants, and therefore are ok.
In the light of the Rubi results, I have converted the evaluations of
examples 53 and 78 in my file from LN to ATANH:

INT(1/(x*SQRT(2+x-x^2)),x)=-1/SQRT(2)*ATANH((4+x)/(2*SQRT(2)*SQR~
T(2+x-x^2)))

INT(ASIN(x)/x^2,x)=-ASIN(x)/x-ATANH(SQRT(1-x^2))

The following table summarizes the data made available for the example
integrals in Timofeev's 1948 book. To simplify the accounting, the
numbers of examples represent the actual numbers of distinct integrands;
for chapters where this has not yet been determined, the total of
Timofeev's numbered examples is given instead:

ch. ex's Der. Fri. Mpl MMA Rubi etc. etc.
6.10 1.21 17 9 4.1
1 86 83 86 85 86 84
2 90 - - - - -
3 12 12 12 12 12 12
4 132 - - - - -
5 120 - - - - -
6 26 - - - - -
7 11 9 11 11 11 8
8 109 - - - - -
9 59 - - - - -
100% 95.4% 100% 99.1% 100% 95.4%

The Winners so far are FriCAS 1.21 and Mathematica 9!

It should be noted that some FriCAS results do not hold for all values
of the integration variable (and/or parameters in the integrand).

I will let matters rest at this point until new chapters or revised data
become available. Timofeev's book is available at:

<http://www.math-life.com/jdownloads/view.download/27/279.html>

Martin.

Date Subject Author
clicliclic@freenet.de