Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 20   Last Post: Jul 11, 2013 3:47 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 300

In article <c736cc77-23fd-4071-bdfd-ecc651edc381@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 22:47:23 UTC+2, Zeit Geist wrote:
> > The function behaves differently at omega, maybe? The study of Mathematics
> > is about finding where Analogies breakdown. This happens a lot at the
> > Limit Ordinal Omega.

> For instance it happens in the Cantor list. Here we have as many lines as we
> have steps in the urn. If there something unexpected can happen "at omega",
> it can also happen in the Cantor list "at omega". But the list has no line
> omega? Why do you think then that the urn has a step omega?

WM, as usual, misses the point that any mark that indicating that an
infinite process is completed is not a part of the process.

The time of noon is not a part of the infinite process of moving balls
into and out of the vase but is a mark that that process has ended, and
that every natural that has a successor has been both inserted into and
then removed from the vase.