Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 8:54 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 300

In article <32c7406c-ab6e-417c-83fa-3a1916d82de5@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 21:40:05 UTC+2, Virgil wrote:
> > Again WM overlooks that every ball inserted before noon is removed before
> > noon. The key is to note that such an infinite process cannot be analysed
> > by looking for a last step in the process, but only by looking for an
> > outside step which can only follow after all infinitely many steps within
> > the process are completed.

> But will not follow because I will never hand out all natural numbers. By
> contract I keep one. Is set theory unable to describe this task?

Since you are the one doing it, you are the one responsible for
describing it.

And we would be quite interested in finding out which of those natural
numbers you will claim to have retained until after noon.

Have you really found one that does not have any successors?