Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 20   Last Post: Jul 11, 2013 3:47 PM

fom

Re: Matheology § 300

On 7/10/2013 5:08 AM, mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 July 2013 03:03:32 UTC+2, fom wrote:
>>

>> I told him to read that quote from Kant...

> But I read this quote from Cantor:
>
> I never could understand that and why such reasonable and enabled peoples as the Italiens, the English and the French are, could follow yonder sophistical philistine, who was so bad a mathematician.
> And now it is that in just this abominable mummy, as Kant is, Monsieur Poincare felt quite enamoured, if he is not bewitched by him. ...
> Your very faithfull Georg Cantor.

Chuckle

The Kant quote had actually been relevant
to the relation of what is limited and
whether that which limits is logically the
same as that which is limited.

Cantor's statement is mere ad hominem (against
a man who could not defend himself).

As my remark had been in jest, I appreciate
the humor of your retort!