Topic: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
Replies: 23   Last Post: Jul 11, 2013 1:00 PM

EBS

Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <krk817$fg$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 7/9/2013 10:00 AM, Steven_Lord wrote:
> > "dpb" <none@non.net> wrote in message

> >> On 7/8/2013 10:42 AM, Steven_Lord wrote:

(snip)

> As a secondary to that, is there any syntax by which one can eliminate
> the need for the temporary to hold the alternate optional return value
> from the call to unique() above? This would be useful in general, far
> more than just in accumarray and friends.
>
> --

I must be being dense too ;) because didn't you already show in your example that you can use the ~ operator to ignore return values, like [~,~,c] = unique(a(:,3)); or am I misunderstanding your question?

Date Subject Author
7/5/13
Read I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
dpb
7/5/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
dpb
7/6/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
james bejon
7/8/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
Steven Lord
7/8/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
dpb
7/9/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
Steven Lord
7/9/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
dpb
7/10/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
Marc
7/10/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
Kim Andrews
7/10/13
[...]
Kelly Kearney
7/10/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
dpb
7/10/13
Read Re: I'm dense, but...somebody 'splain accumarray() please?
dpb
7/11/13