Topic: Problem understanding proof of Jordan Curve Theorem
Replies: 13   Last Post: Jul 12, 2013 9:25 AM

Re: Problem understanding proof of Jordan Curve Theorem

On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:02:59 PM UTC+1, dull...@sprynet.com wrote:
> It's clear.
> The proof I'm about to give is "perfectly clear" in my book. It
> may strike you as something that he should have written
> out in detail because it's not obvious. I disagree - it
> was immediately obvious to me, and the paper was
> written with a certain audience in mind...

But I never said anything remotely critical of the author or the paper. I made the factually correct statement that the lemma was not clear _to me_. What you've done is to arbitrarily come up with a statement that you disagree with, and then to explain your disagreement.

I could follow in your footsteps by saying that I disagree with the statement that English is the most commonly spoken language in Singapore.

On the maths side, the help given by yourself and Rupert is greatly appreciated and I now fully understand why the remark in lemma 3 that I referred to is correct.

Thank You,

Paul Epstein