Topic: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 12, 2014 12:30 PM

Mehdi

Re: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <krmg14$ncs$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "TideMan" <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:29:07 PM UTC+12, Mehdi wrote:
> >> TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> <727c894e-fbe8-4ad5-861a-5ef52405f9e9@googlegroups.com>...
> >>
> >> On Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:45:08 PM UTC+12, Mehdi wrote:

> *snip*
>

> > Well, you didn't follow my instructions, did you?
> > Read the 2nd paragraph of my last post again and follow my instructions to
> > the letter.
> >
> > BTW, this has nothing to do with Matlab.
> > You should be able to do it in a DOS window by typing
> > C:/Mysoftware/Myprogram.exe < ControlFile.ctl

> This documentation from Microsoft's website says Windows XP, but I believe
> the information it contains applies for later versions of Windows as well
> (at least Vista and Windows 7; not sure about Windows 8 but I'd guess it
> will work there too.)
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/redirection.mspx?mfr=true
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Thank you Steve! I never knew anything about control files, redirection operators etc.
My windows is 7. I tried all the options (<, >,<<, >>, <&, >&,|) but still it doesn't work. I'm really frustrated. I'm using:
system('C:/myfolder/myprogram.exe < C:/myfolder/for005.dat');
So what am I missing here?
Thank you again.
Mehdi