Topic: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 12, 2014 12:30 PM

dpb

Re: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the
input

On 7/11/2013 6:56 PM, Mehdi wrote:

> Thank you Steve! I never knew anything about control files, redirection
> operators etc. My windows is 7. I tried all the options (<, >,<<, >>,
> <&, >&,|) but still it doesn't work. I'm really frustrated. I'm using:
> system('C:/myfolder/myprogram.exe < C:/myfolder/for005.dat');
> So what am I missing here? Thank you again. Mehdi

For what precise definition of "doesn't work?" That's useless as
diagnostic information -- need to know what errors occur, etc.

First, execute the command at the command line directly until you get it
to work; _then_ you can work on getting the system call working.