Topic: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 12, 2014 12:30 PM

Mehdi

Re: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input

TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <cb07992f-b851-4554-bd8d-b318689134d3@googlegroups.com>...
> On Friday, July 12, 2013 11:56:07 AM UTC+12, Mehdi wrote:
> > "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <krmg14$ncs$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >

> > > "TideMan" <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > *snip*

> > > This documentation from Microsoft's website says Windows XP, but I believe
> >
> > > the information it contains applies for later versions of Windows as well
> >
> > > (at least Vista and Windows 7; not sure about Windows 8 but I'd guess it
> >
> > > will work there too.)
> >

> > > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/redirection.mspx?mfr=true
> >

> > > --
> >
> > > Steve Lord
> >
> > > slord@mathworks.com
> >
> > > To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
> >
> > > http://www.mathworks.com
> >

> > Thank you Steve! I never knew anything about control files, redirection operators etc.
> >
> > My windows is 7. I tried all the options (<, >,<<, >>, <&, >&,|) but still it doesn't work. I'm really frustrated. I'm using:
> >
> > system('C:/myfolder/myprogram.exe < C:/myfolder/for005.dat');
> >
> > So what am I missing here?
> >
> > Thank you again.
> >
> > Mehdi

> You're frustrated?
> What about me?
> I keep telling you what to do, but you completely ignore what I say.
>
> I'll try once more in language a 5-year-old would understand.
>
> 1. Open a DOS window
> 2. Type:
> notepad ControlFile.ctl <Enter> this means you must hit the key with Enter on it
> 2a Type:
> C:/myfolder/for005.dat <Enter>
> 2b Click the wee cross at the top right corner of the window and when it asks if you want to save, click Save.
> 3. At the DOS prompt type:
> C:/myfolder/myprogram.exe < ControlFile.ctl <Enter>

Excuse me but I was not ignoring you. You don't have to insult people here. Your attitude is abhorrent and your responses are not helpful.