Topic: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jul 12, 2013 11:58 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers

There have been some serious Internet access problems here over the past day or two, hence the delay in responding.
Wayne Bishop posted Jul 12, 2013 9:19 PM:
> At 08:19 PM 7/11/2013, GS Chandy wrote:
>

> >As noted several times earlier, there is a (very
> little) learning
> >involved - alongside a fair bit of 'unlearning',
> which is MUCH more
> >difficult to do than any learning. 'Unlearning'
> demands changing
> >our own mindsets.
>
> Great advice, thanks. Please feel invited, yeah
> encouraged, to pick
> up a mirror and take it.

Thank you, Professor Bishop, for your excellent advice.

I do precisely that , and I have always been doing it.

It is in fact the basis of everything I do. Every day, all the time.

And it is precisely on that basis I've learned that 'resolutions' to our problems will not ever appear by exhorting people to "BLOW UP THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA!"; "TAKE UP THE GUN AND SLAUGHTER ALL CROOKED BUREAUCRATS!"; and "PUT THOSE POLITICAL MAFIA IN JAIL!". Such ideas may cause a few upheavals from time to time (and they do), but the 'system' persists. As was clearly demonstrated by the entire history of the Soviet Union. As is being demonstrated by the Maoist insurrection we have been facing here in India over the past couple of decades.

What could work is instead to demonstrate practical tools that can help individuals and groups to identify and resolve their problems and issues more effectively. This could come about when people understand, in practice on the ground, how 'systems' work. That, precisely, has been my effort here - to demonstrate practical 'system tools' to help individuals and groups resolve their complex problems and issues effectively.

Likewise, I claim that your famous "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION" (even though that advice might have originally come from Reid Lyon [reading research expert]); and Haim's famous "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" (wherever THAT may have come from) cannot ever work.

Apparently, none of the above has yet struck you, I observe.

To others, who may have been struck by the spectacular uselessness of Professor Bishop's recommendation to "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION", I suggest that they may like instead to look at 'systems' and tools like the 'One Page Management System' (OPMS). More information about the OPMS (along with some needed background information about 'systems') is available at the attachments to my message heading the thread "Democracy: how to achieve it?" - http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2419536 .

GSC
("Still Shoveling!")

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author
6/23/13
Read Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Jerry P. Becker
6/24/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
6/25/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
6/25/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
GS Chandy
6/27/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/2/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/2/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
kirby urner
7/3/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
GS Chandy
7/9/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Robert Hansen
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Wayne Bishop
7/9/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/12/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Robert Hansen
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Wayne Bishop
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/11/13
[...]
r!chard tchen
7/12/13