Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

Nasser Abbasi

On 7/13/2013 11:22 PM, daly@axiom-developer.org wrote:

> Axiom has published a Computer Algebra Test Suite at
> http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/CATS/index.html
>
> It includes Schaums integrals and Kamke's Ordinary Differential Equations.

I am working on Kamke, and have all the ode's and have the book also which
I check with.

The problem is writing the document itself to show the result of Maple
and Mathematica next to each other is what is taking long time,
since it involves lots of manual work.

The problem is with Maple it is not possible to export each result
on its own to a .png file so I can include that in my Latex report.

Exporting each ODE's result to Latex does not work for long results
since sometimes the latex needs manual breaking of the generated
equation. (if there is long expression between \left(... and \right)

So I have to do each one by one and use .png files to capture
the result.

Currently there are about 150 or so done

http://12000.org/my_notes/kamek/kamke_differential_equations.htm

again, to make a document, in Latex, which includes many CAS's
results, the CAS itself must help in terms of making it easy
to export things. Mathematica is very good in this area, so one can
automate all this in code and run over the hundreds of the ODE's and do
everything in code. But to integrate results of other CAS'es into
one document, this process breaks down.

--Nasser

> It also includes Albert Rich's integration set.
> In all there are several thousand examples.
>
> The source file format is latex, the output file format is pdf.
> The axiom.sty package is at
> http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/CATS/axiom.sty
>
> Each problem includes the source input.
> Axiom's output is prefixed with --R which is an Axiom comment.

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org