Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

daly@axiom-developer.org

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 3:19:20 AM UTC-4, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> On 7/13/2013 11:22 PM, daly@axiom-developer.org wrote:
>

> > Axiom has published a Computer Algebra Test Suite at
>
> > http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/CATS/index.html
>

> > It includes Schaums integrals and Kamke's Ordinary Differential Equations.
>

> I am working on Kamke, and have all the ode's and have the book also which
>
> I check with.
>

> The problem is writing the document itself to show the result of Maple
>
> and Mathematica next to each other is what is taking long time,
>
> since it involves lots of manual work.
>

> The problem is with Maple it is not possible to export each result
>
> on its own to a .png file so I can include that in my Latex report.
>

> Exporting each ODE's result to Latex does not work for long results
>
> since sometimes the latex needs manual breaking of the generated
>
> equation. (if there is long expression between \left(... and \right)
>

> So I have to do each one by one and use .png files to capture
>
> the result.
>

> Currently there are about 150 or so done
>

> http://12000.org/my_notes/kamek/kamke_differential_equations.htm
>

> again, to make a document, in Latex, which includes many CAS's
>
> results, the CAS itself must help in terms of making it easy
>
> to export things. Mathematica is very good in this area, so one can
>
> automate all this in code and run over the hundreds of the ODE's and do
>
> everything in code. But to integrate results of other CAS'es into
>
> one document, this process breaks down.
>

> --Nasser
>

> > It also includes Albert Rich's integration set.
>
> > In all there are several thousand examples.
>

> > The source file format is latex, the output file format is pdf.
>
> > The axiom.sty package is at
>
> > http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/CATS/axiom.sty
>

> > Each problem includes the source input.
>
> > Axiom's output is prefixed with --R which is an Axiom comment.

I will be interested in seeing your results.
The whole point of this exercise, at least for Axiom,
is to have a validated test suite. I found a few errors
in the reference books while testing. I will compare your
results to the posted results for Axiom.

I agree that creating these test suites by hand is a
huge task. It took me a couple months to create the
CATS test suite so far. That's why I'd like to see the
DLMF completely machine-readable.

Tim

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org