Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

daly@axiom-developer.org

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:58:04 AM UTC-4, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> On 7/14/2013 4:46 AM, daly@axiom-developer.org wrote:
>

> > I will be interested in seeing your results.
>
> > The whole point of this exercise, at least for Axiom,
>
> > is to have a validated test suite. I found a few errors
>
> > in the reference books while testing. I will compare your
>
> > results to the posted results for Axiom.
>

> > I agree that creating these test suites by hand is a
>
> > huge task. It took me a couple months to create the
>
> > CATS test suite so far. That's why I'd like to see the
>
> > DLMF completely machine-readable.
>

> > Tim
>

> I think the way to do this is by automation. The way I was
>
> doing it so far is not practical. It should instead by
>
> done by writing a script to run through all the test cases
>
> automatically, otherwise it will take me another 2 years to
>
> finish. But the problem comes when one wants to combine
>
> results of many CAS'es in one document.
>

> I looked at your site for axiom, but could not see the raw
>
> text file which just lists the ode's in plain .txt files?
>

> Having them inside latex makes it little hard to use them from
>
> other CAS systems since then one have to be extract them one by
>
> one from latex.
>

> btw, with Kamke's suite from the original E.S. Cheb-Terrab, I was
>
> only able to understand the first 576 ode'e. Syntax changed starting
>
> at 577. So I am only doing the first 576 for now.
>

> I collected them all in one plain text file, one for Mathematica and
>
> one for Maple. The text files are there to download in
>
> the download section
>

> http://12000.org/my_notes/kamek/kamke_differential_equations.htm
>

> Thanks to E.S. Cheb-Terrab for making the original files. I only
>
> found one problem with one ODE so far. It helps to have the book
>
> to check against.
>

> May be you can have plain text file(s) also for all the ODE's
>
> you have on your site? Even if it is in axiom syntax. This way it will
>
> easy to use that and convert them to other CAS syntax and run them.
>

> regards,
>
> --Nasser

I updated the page
http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/CATS/index.html
with new files for the kamke test suite.

If you click on the txt links you can get the expressions
used by Axiom without any other information. Note that the
underscore character is a line-continuation character for
the Axiom reader. Since the pamphlet files are latex I need
to limit the input to page-width.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org