Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

daly@axiom-developer.org

Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:44:38 AM UTC-4, Richard Fateman wrote:
> On 7/14/2013 2:46 AM, daly@axiom-developer.org wrote:

> . That's why I'd like to see the
>

> > DLMF completely machine-readable.
>

> > Tim
>

> The DLMF offers (click on the "i" on the right side) each
>
> formula in TeX and png and pMML. The last of these looks like
>
> XML.
>

> If having the DLMF delivered piecemeal to your browser is not
>
> machine-readable enough for your application, maybe you can ask
>
> the people at NIST for some kind of data dump.
>

> In some respects the DLMF is a disappointment because it fails
>
> to make the connection to computer algebra systems (or even
>
> computer numeric systems -- there are no programs at all).
>
> In other respects it is a plus. The old A&S was firmly rooted
>
> in the "printed tables of logarithms" era -- 1940s. The
>
> DLMF has moved the technology to perhaps the mid 1980s with
>
> a dusting of newer web-display tech.

Richard,

This is news to me. I looked at the DLMF site and could only find
pages which reference other publications. Can you give me a link
to a page that contains the equations for an integration problem?

Tim

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org