Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

daly@axiom-developer.org

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:58:26 PM UTC-4, Albert Rich wrote:
> On Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:25:49 PM UTC-10, da...@axiom-developer.org wrote:
>

> > [...]
>
> > I have not yet done this with the Rich test suite due to the
>
> > size of the problem and the lack of time.
>

> > I will look at the Charlwood test suite.
>

> > It has been a long-standing Axiom project goal to develop CATS,
>
> > a Computer Algebra Test Suite.
>

> > I'm open to suggestion about other sources.
>

> > I believe we need a system-independent source of algorithms
>
> > that will perform these integrations. I'd like to see NIST
>
> > or some other standard organization support such an effort.
>
> > It is not enough to just publish the equations with answers.
>
> > We need to have excellent "standard" algorithms.
>

> > It would also be useful to standardize on a system-independent
>
> > machine-readable notation that had published conversion routines
>
> > so we could all use the same input for equations and results.
>
> > It took a while to hand-write the several thousand equations.
>

> > We moved past tables of logarithms a few years ago.
>
> > It is time to move past tables of equations.
>
> > This is, after all, mathematics not art.
>

> I applaud the Axiom community's efforts to build a Computer Algebra Test Suite to objectively rate the performance of the various systems on a wide range of problems. To help in that cause, available now at http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~arich/ are translations of the 43,000+ integration problems in the Rubi test-suite expressed in Axiom/FriCAS and Maxima syntax, as well as the previously existing translations in Maple and Mathematica syntax. Developers are free to include all or some of these problems in CATS or other CAS test-suites being built.
>

> Please let me know if you encounter errors in the translations, especially in the definitions of special and hypergeometric functions, so I can remedy them.
>

> Albert

Albert,

I visited that page. I don't see any reference to Axiom or equations
in Axiom syntax. Can you provide a more specific link? (It is obviously
not my day for finding links)

Tim

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org