Topic: MATLAB R2011a code for LineSearch
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jul 16, 2013 5:14 PM

Steven Lord

Re: MATLAB R2011a code for LineSearch

"Muhammad " <mahmadriaz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I need to see the code of matlab built in function named lineSearch. I
> know for sure it was accessible in 2011 version but has been hidden (into
> a .p file which is probably compiled as i only see strange characters in
> it).

We don't generally distribute the source code for functions that have been

> I need this file because i am running an experiment, in which this
> function is called a few thousand times from fminunc(). Rarely this
> function fails with the error that search direction does not reduce the
> function value and after raising an exception the execution stops. So i
> edited the code to not raise an exception but return the exitflag as -2. I
> mean what the exit flag is for if exceptions are being raised? I cannot
> afford a halt of execution. Please help. I want to copy paste that code,
> into a linesearch_editted().

You can't.

What you _could_ do is wrap your FMINUNC call in a TRY/CATCH block and
handle the exception in the CATCH section somehow.

Steve Lord