Topic: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Replies: 33   Last Post: Jul 19, 2013 10:22 PM

magidin@math.berkeley.edu

Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize

On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:03:51 PM UTC-5, Victor Porton wrote:
> Arturo Magidin wrote:
>

> > On Monday, July 15, 2013 12:26:18 PM UTC-5, Victor Porton wrote:
>
> >> Hi all,
>

> >> I have written the book "Algebraic General Topology. Volume 1" with a
>
> >> wholly
>

> >> new approach to general topology.
>

> >> Currently the book is available online in PDF form:
>

> >> http://www.mathematics21.org/binaries/volume-1.pdf
>

> >> The book is accessible even for beginning students (the only prerequisite
>
> >> is
>

> >> basic set theory).
>

> >> It is under peer review of a mathematics publisher now.
>

> >> Please nominate me for Abel Prize thanks to my authorship of this book
>
> >> which
>

> >> revolutionizes general topology.
>

> >> See details at:
>

> >> http://www.mathematics21.org/abel-prize.html
>

> > The Abel prize has been given to people with a life-time of results that
>
> > were not only impressive on their own, but that have had a lasting and
>
> > deep impact on the subject.
>

> > Even assuming without granting your completely evidence-lacking assertions
>
> > about the importance of your work as it currently stands, it has not had
>
> > the impact that would make such a nomination warranted.
>

> Maybe it concerns all earlier awarded Abel prizes, but it seems that nothing
>
> on the prize's site says that the work should already have an impact on
>
> others' work already done.

You're a fool.

> > In the meantime, you sound like nothing less than a self-deluded crank;
>
> > I'm not saying this is an accurate description of you of your work, only
>
> > what your perennial whining for recongition makes you look like.
>

> You can consider likehood of anything,

Indeed, and I stand by it, your incessant whining not withstanding/

> but the only way to check whether I
>
> am a mathematician or a crank is to read my writings.

What little I have read shows that you are a lousy writer. So much so that it is impossible to render accurate judgements as to the quality of your mathematics. Which puts you all the closer to the crank camp.

> You have the URL of my
>
> book above. Enjoy its reading.

In order for me to enjoy reading your writing, I would have to be a masochist. You are a lousy writer with a very bad grasp of the difficult art of exposition.

Kindly do not take my replying to you here as interest in your work. Not only is it not my field, I do not enjoy reading badly written prose by self-aggrandizing wanna-be cranks.

--
Arturo Magidin

Date Subject Author
7/15/13
Read Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/16/13
Read Re: Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/18/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
grei
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read please don't nominate me for TetrahedronometrY; thank YoU
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Jens Stuckelberger
7/18/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Peter Percival
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
FredJeffries@gmail.com
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
fom
7/19/13