Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jul 16, 2013 11:24 PM

fom

Re: Matheology § 300

On 7/16/2013 5:46 AM, Peter Percival wrote:
> fom wrote:
>>>
>>> That's why some mathematicians become master of science?
>>> (But what you call mathematics and what is matheology, in fact has
>>> nothing to do with scientific thinking.)
>>>

>> In many programs, such a degree is deprecated. It is
>> "earned" along the way to a doctorate of philosophy, but
>> is not considered a terminal objective to the educational
>> program.

> Is that in the States?

Yes.

I have no doubt that certain engineering
schools might treat the matter differently.

My alma mater and the schools to which I
had been accepted for graduates studies
held that view. There were no programs
dedicated to the awarding of terminal
master's degrees.