Topic: Loading dynamically function: err_while_looking_up_function
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 17, 2013 4:00 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Loading dynamically function: err_while_looking_up_function

On 7/17/2013 4:26 AM, kees de Kapper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm loading some functions dynamically using the "eval()" possibility.
>This works great in the Matlab-environment. However, it fails in the stand-alone-mode
>(although he functions are appended during compilation), returning the following error
> when "Output = eval('MyFun_Kees();']);
>
> An error occurred while trying to determine whether "MyFun_Kees" is a function name.
> MATLAB:err_while_looking_up_function
>
> What is going wrong? Can somebody give a clue? I found some posts on the internet about
>this issue, but did not found a (proper) reply to that.

something here about it:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-18UMQ/

and
"Why Avoid the eval Function?"