Topic: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Replies: 33   Last Post: Jul 19, 2013 10:22 PM

Victor Porton

Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize

William Elliot wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jul 2013, Arturo Magidin wrote:
>> What little I have read shows that you are a lousy writer. So much so
>> that it is impossible to render accurate judgments as to the quality of
>> your mathematics.

> Indeed he is a lousy mathematical writer. Lousy to the extent that, as
> you say, it's impossible to know if he's onto anything or if he's just a
> jargon
> juggler. I've offered to work with Victor to improve his voluminous tome
> to where I at least, can understand it and assure the definition are
> coherent and consistent. It's been futile work, as though the text is
> pristine as it stands.
>
> I my current attempt, so far I gotten that a funciod is a filter over a
> produce of sets. But wait, there's yet more to come, for as he indicated,
> it's basically a filter of a product, without filling in the details or
> completing the definition so I know what difference he has in mind between
> being a filter and being basically a filter.

No, reloid (not funcoid) is a filter on a cartesian product of two sets.

Strictly speaking, I define "reloid" as a triple (A;B;F) where A and B are
sets and F is a filter on their product AxB.

And funcoids are defined at:
http://nlab.mathforge.org/nlab/show/funcoid

> It would also help were his text in TeX instead of pdf for TeX is easier
> for
> me to use when discussing his stuff with him. A TeX version however,
> seems beyond the prospecting Abel prize aspirant willingness or
> capabilities.
>
> Though the topic of his musings interests me, I yet to have my appetite
> wetted.

What exactly in my writing style is bad? Is it bad English? Is it unclear
exposition? Whatever? What should I do to rewrite it in a better way?

Sorry, I (despite of that in the past I was a TeX expert) use TeXmacs not
TeX for mathematical writing. Converting it into good LaTeX would be much
work.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

Date Subject Author
7/15/13
Read Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/16/13
Read Re: Balhtam nominates you for the fake Nobel in funconomics
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/18/13
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/16/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
grei
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
William Elliot
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Dave L. Renfro
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/17/13
Read please don't nominate me for TetrahedronometrY; thank YoU
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/17/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Jens Stuckelberger
7/18/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Peter Percival
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
FredJeffries@gmail.com
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
Victor Porton
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
7/19/13
Read Re: Please nominate me for Abel Prize
fom
7/19/13