Topic: How to check if a variable is a function handle?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 18, 2013 9:38 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: How to check if a variable is a function handle?

On 7/18/2013 5:16 AM, Rui wrote:
> Is there a way to check if variable is a function handle? I couldn't find any reference on Mathworks' is* page[1].
> Thanks in advance,
> Rui Maciel
> [1] http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/is.html

there should be a special function for this. But I trust you
searched and could not find one that is build in. In this case,
you can also do:

g=@(x) x;
if strcmp(class(g),'function_handle'),'yup',end

ans =