Topic: How to check if a variable is a function handle?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 18, 2013 9:38 AM

Rui Maciel

Re: How to check if a variable is a function handle?

Quinta-feira, 18 de Julho de 2013 11:30:14 UTC+1, Jos (10584) escreveu:
> Rui wrote in message <6df3a965-3753-49f4-b791-1e74e7e31945@googlegroups.com>...
>

> > Is there a way to check if variable is a function handle? I couldn't find any reference on Mathworks' is* page[1].
>

> > Thanks in advance,
>
> > Rui Maciel
>

> > [1] http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/is.html
>

> Yes, there is:
>

> isa(fh,'function_handle')
>

> hth
>
> ~ Jos

Thanks for the help, Jos.

As a future reference, this property is implicitly defined in Mathwork's page on the isa() function [1], with the 'function_handle' label being included in the 'MATLAB fundamental types' section.

Once again, thanks for the help,
Rui Maciel

[1] http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/isa.html