Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

daly@axiom-developer.org schrieb:

> Albert,
>
> I'm getting different answers than you for some of the problems.
> In Axiom, if I do
>
> t0:=1/((1-x)^(9/2)*(1+x)^(5/2))
> t1:=integrate(t0,x)
> t2:=D(t1,x)
> t3:=t0-t2
>
> I get 0 as a result. However, when I take the derivative of your
> result and difference it from your initial equation I get a
> non-constant result dependent on x.
>
> Perhaps you could check your answer in other systems and let me
> know if you agree.
>
> I will be posting the first set of results shortly.

This integrand appears on page 1102 of rich1b.input.pdf. Its
antiderivative

- (8*x^5 - 16*x^4 - 4*x^3 + 24*x^2 - 9*x - 6)
/(21*(1 - x)^(7/2)*(x + 1)^(3/2))

is simply an algebraic function, so should be behave the same on all
systems. Indeed your expression d000 at the bottom of page 1103
simplifies to zero for arbitrary complex x.

You are having more serious problems with the integrands on pages 994,
996, 998, 1000, 1004, 1008, 1017, 1019, 1020, 1021, 1022, 1107, 1109,
and maybe elsewhere. Can FriCAS handle these (correctly) already?

Martin.

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org