Topic: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jul 27, 2013 12:38 PM

apoorv

Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols

On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:29:30 AM UTC+5:30, fom wrote:

> Anyway, I hope you find the links informative (don't go
>
> crazy trying to piece them together). I also hope that
>
> someone else can give a better answer to your question
>
> than I have attempted

Sometimes I find the thread going cold with me not really getting a clear answer to
The issues raised.
Quite sometime back I had asked these two questions
What is the godel number of the self referential sentence in godels theorem?
And, if Sub( q,q,y) says that y is the godel number of the formula "q", with q substituted for the free variable,then the godel number of sub(q,q,y) would always be bigger than the godel number of q.. So how do we get equality for the self referential sentence?
The thread died thereafter.
-Apoorv

Date Subject Author
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Aatu Koskensilta
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
David C. Ullrich
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Sandy
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/12/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/15/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/16/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/19/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/19/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Peter Percival
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/22/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/22/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/23/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/23/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/24/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/27/13