Topic: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?

Replies: 14   Last Post: Jul 21, 2013 4:21 PM

JT

Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?

Den lördagen den 20:e juli 2013 kl. 04:30:06 UTC+2 skrev William Elliot:
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2013, jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Using a cartesian dot base cordinate system.(computer graphics)
>

> > I have right sided triangles at differents slopes, and need to find the
>
> > hypotenuse middle cordinate of them, how do i go on to do that?
>

> I presume you mean the midpoint of hypothenuse.
>

> Assuming you know the coordinates of the three points of the triangle,
>
> ABC with the right angle at C, average the coordinates of A and B.
>

> > Can it be done without trigonometry?
>

> Yes, if A = (a,b) and B = (r,s), then the mid point
>
> of the line segement AB is ((a + b)/2, (r + s)/2))

Thanks Elliot

Date Subject Author
7/19/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
William Elliot
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
JT
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
JT
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
JT
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse of a right angled triangle?
Dirk Van de moortel
7/20/13
Read there are no right trigons (but there are enantiamorphic pairs of tetrahedra
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/20/13
Read Re: there are no right trigons (but there are enantiamorphic pairs of tetrahedra
JT
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
HOPEINCHRIST
7/21/13