Topic: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?

Replies: 14   Last Post: Jul 21, 2013 4:21 PM

Dirk Van de moortel

Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse of a right angled triangle?

jonas.thornvall@gmail.com <jonas.thornvall@gmail.com> wrote:
> Den lördagen den 20:e juli 2013 kl. 04:30:06 UTC+2 skrev William
> Elliot:

>> On Fri, 19 Jul 2013, jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:
>>

>>> Using a cartesian dot base cordinate system.(computer graphics)
>>
>>> I have right sided triangles at differents slopes, and need to find the
>>> hypotenuse middle cordinate of them, how do i go on to do that?
>>>

>> I presume you mean the midpoint of hypothenuse.
>>
>> Assuming you know the coordinates of the three points of the
>> triangle,
>> ABC with the right angle at C, average the coordinates of A and B.
>>

>>> Can it be done without trigonometry?
>>
>> Yes, if A = (a,b) and B = (r,s), then the mid point
>> of the line segement AB is ((a + b)/2, (r + s)/2))

> I do not know what i was thinking of course it is obvious that the
> line form a rectangle regardless slope. Thanks you set my neuron into
> a straight path again Elliot. I was all triangulated for a while ;D

Perhaps William Elliot was triangulated for a while too,
since, if A = (a,b) and B = (r,s), then the mid point AB
is actually ( (a+r)/2, (b+s)/2) ) ;-)

Dirk Vdm

Date Subject Author
7/19/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
William Elliot
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
JT
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
JT
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
JT
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse of a right angled triangle?
Dirk Van de moortel
7/20/13
Read there are no right trigons (but there are enantiamorphic pairs of tetrahedra
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/20/13
Read Re: there are no right trigons (but there are enantiamorphic pairs of tetrahedra
JT
7/20/13
Read Re: How do i go on finding the cordinate of the middle of hypotenuse
of a right angled triangle?
HOPEINCHRIST
7/21/13