Topic: can someone point me to the proof that
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jul 24, 2013 10:39 AM

Leon Aigret

Re: can someone point me to the proof that

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:24:16 -0700 (PDT), lax.clarke@gmail.com wrote:

>can someone point me to the proof that polynomials over infinite fields can be uniquely mapped to polynomial functions
>
>i.e., no two polynomials are the same function over finite fields

The difference of the polynomials would be a non-trivial polynomial
with infinitely many roots. Proving that a polynomial of degree n can
have at most n roots is not that hard.

Leon