Topic: derivatives, syms and fsolve
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jul 22, 2013 1:27 PM

Alan Weiss

Re: derivatives, syms and fsolve

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kqvc0t$2u3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Shubham Gupta" <king.rona@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi Alan, The link you have replied is not working. could you please give a
> > fresh link for the problem. I have a matrix with 15 symbolic variable and
> > also the equation is in Non-linear form. Could you please suggest
> > something to use FSOLVE for this equation which has syms variable

> Either stick completely symbolic and use SOLVE instead of FSOLVE or use
> matlabFunction to convert the symbolic expression into a function that you
> can use with FSOLVE.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

To complete the thread, the broken link is now
http://www.mathworks.com/help/optim/ug/symbolic-math-toolbox-calculates-gradients-and-hessians.html
There is also information in this example:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/optim/examples/using-symbolic-mathematics-with-optimization-toolbox-solvers.html

Alan Weiss