Topic: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jul 27, 2013 12:38 PM

apoorv

Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols

On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:23:53 AM UTC+5:30, fom wrote:
> On 7/21/2013 1:40 PM, apoorv wrote:
>

> > I needed some clarification on Godel Numbering . I had asked it earlier .
>
> > Maybe I have more luck this time.
>

> > https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/sci.logic/dFK-EENfh6w
>
> > -Apoorv
>

> If I am reading your notation correctly,
>

> g(x)= Goedel number of 'x'
>

> Actually, your notation confuses me (due
>
> to relative lack of recent experience).
>

> To stipulate something along the lines
>
> of
>

> g(1)=godel number of f(1,w)
>
> g(2)=godel number of f(2,w)
>
> g(3)=godel number of f(3,w) etc
>

> would seem to be
>

> g(1)= g(f(1,w))
>
> g(2)= g(f(2,w))
>
> g(3)= g(f(3,w))
>

> which would seem to violate the idea that
>
> the Goedel numbering corresponds with a
>
> unique naming of symbols.
>

> Now, if your countable language is indexed
>
> by the natural numbers and the argument to
>
> 'g' is the index of the given formula, then
>
> the numerals on the left have no relation
>
> to the numerals on the right. In that case,
>
> the correspondence of your listing would have
>
> to be thought as accidental.

Date Subject Author
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Aatu Koskensilta
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
David C. Ullrich
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Sandy
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/12/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/15/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/16/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/19/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/19/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Peter Percival
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/22/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/22/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/23/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/23/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/24/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/27/13