Topic: Three Equations with Three Unknowns
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jul 30, 2013 5:44 PM

fom

Re: Three Equations with Three Unknowns

On 7/25/2013 6:40 PM, Virgil wrote:
> In article
> <ken.pledger-2F6399.09361726072013@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Ken Pledger <ken.pledger@vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
>

>> In article <714f9167-e3be-4bef-bbf6-af2717a4285d@googlegroups.com>,
>> KBH <emptypost@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Here is the KBH code for three equations with three unknowns:

>> You probably don't realize how ignorant some mathematicians are of
>> computer science. I'm not trying to be rude by saying that I found your
>> question completely unintelligible from beginning to end. If you want
>> to know about some algebraic equations, could you please just post the
>> equations themselves?
>>
>> Ken Pledger.

> I second that request.

Curious thread

It seems to have had a relative posted around 2005

http://sci4um.com/about13124.html

In pursuing the matter in the 35 posts associated
with the user, one will find the message:

"Of course I post code as notice of KBH development
and not to convey right of use to others..."

Here is some nonsense at the "site".

http://www.kbhscape.com/blunt.htm

http://www.kbhscape.com/plot.htm

And here is the menuless homepage.

http://www.kbhscape.com/

Well, I am just a "crank". But it really disturbs me
when the conscientious professionals in this newsgroup
have to deal with threads like this. When I participated
here long ago (severely flamed), there were many more
active professional posters and some very competent
non-professional posters.

Let me take a moment to thank them -- both past and
present.

Being ignorant of "KBH code" seems to be like not knowing
who constructed the regular polygon with 65537 sides,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Gustav_Hermes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructible_polygon#Compass_and_straightedge_constructions

https://oeis.org/A003401

Of course, knowing about Hermes could be useful when
impressing one's friends with math trivia.

KBH code? Not too sure. But, I have my suspicions.