Topic: Matlab simultaneous problem
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 29, 2013 10:34 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Matlab simultaneous problem

"Arafat " <arafat.hossain321@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> You are working for a ladder company and are studying a problem related to
> the dynamics of the ladder slipping. Consider a uniform ladder of weight
> W that slips when it is leaned against a building. Shown is the free body
> diagram and treating it as a planar dynamics problems one can write the
> equation of motion as follows (using Linear momentum balance OR
> Newton-Euler equations of motions) are given :
> 1. Na-Fb=(W*g)/a_cmx
> 2. Nb +Fa-w=W/g a_cmy
> 3.-(Na+Fb)(L*cos(x))/2+(Nb-Fa) *(L*sin(x))/2= (W*L^2*a)/12*g
> below with the following Na,Fa,Nb,Fb,a_cmx,a_cmy,a are unknown a. To solve
> for the seven unknowns, we need four more equations. These are obtained
> from the friction and constraints which are given below. Assume the
> following values and W=50 lb, L=12ft, g=32.2 ft/s2, x=35*?/180 radians,
> ?k=0.2; Write a matlab script to solve the seven equations simultaneously
> and print output with proper units. Assume the ladder is starting to slip
> and so we do not have to worry about the static friction.
> 4. Na=mew_k *Fa
> 5.Nb=mew_k*Fb
> 6.a_cmx= a* L/2 *cos(x)
> 7.a_cmy=- a* L/2 *sin(x)
>

> PLease help me on this. I really need some help on this. I tried so long
> on this but could not solve it

This sounds like a homework question and in general this newsgroup requires
people posting homework questions (or questions that sound like they're
homework, even if they're not) to show what they've done to try to solve the
problem and to ask a SPECIFIC question before the readers will offer any
suggestions. Post the code you've written to try to solve this question and
indicate where EXACTLY you're stuck and someone may offer some assistance.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com