Topic: Variables contract each other for different M files?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 1, 2013 2:36 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Variables contract each other for different M files?

"Mike" <SulfateIon@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> When I am currently running an A.m file in matlab and this file takes a
> lot of time, I'd like to edit another B.m file.
> If I start another matlab (run from start in Win7) to edit B.m file, some
> of the variables in B.m are the same names as A.m. Then if I run B.m, will
> these variables replace those in A.m which is running?

As described no, they won't interact. If the MATLAB sessions running A and B
were started using Parallel Computing Toolbox and the variables in question
were of the classes provided by that product to allow two (or more) MATLAB
sessions running in parallel to interact, then yes but that's not the
situation you described. [You have to do some work to get two MATLAB
sessions to interact with one another, or be using a shared resource like
the sound card or the same file on disk.]

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com