Topic: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Replies: 108   Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 5:22 PM

JT

Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?

Den torsdagen den 1:e augusti 2013 kl. 00:17:52 UTC+2 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
> Den onsdagen den 31:e juli 2013 kl. 23:55:42 UTC+2 skrev Zeit Geist:

> > > Yes Pi is considered to be irrational until proven differently, using another base, maybe a bijective base or written out as fraction.

> > > I hope you do also realise that 1/3 have none terminating decimal expansion in decimal base. But have no problem terminating in bijective base 3.
>

> > But 1/3 is rational, not rational is this or that base, just plain rational.
>

> > BTW, bijective base won't help, at from what I can see.
>

> > ZG
>

> One question can fractions be expressed using other bases, and must they necessarly have ending nonerepeating pattern in base 10.

With that question asked it is easy to realise that we can express any polygon expressed in base 3 or 6.... having a closed radius to perimeter ratio.

Date Subject Author
7/30/13
Read Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Tucsondrew@me.com
7/31/13
[...]
LudovicoVan
7/31/13
[...]
8/1/13
[...]
8/3/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
grei
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/4/13
Read the surfer's value (Nicholas de Cusa proved that pi was
transcendental in the 15th cue (http://21stcenturysciencetech.com
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/4/13
Read Re: the surfer's value (Nicholas de Cusa proved that pi was
transcendental in the 15th cue (http://21stcenturysciencetech.com
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Tucsondrew@me.com
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation? NO!
Virgil
8/1/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
8/1/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/1/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal
representation?
Peter Percival
8/1/13
[...]
Richard Tobin
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal
representation?
David Bernier
8/2/13
[...]
8/16/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Earle Jones
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
RGVickson@shaw.ca
8/2/13
[...]
quasi
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
8/16/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Earle Jones
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Phil H