Topic: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Replies: 108   Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 5:22 PM

JT

Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?

Den torsdagen den 1:e augusti 2013 kl. 02:39:01 UTC+2 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
> Den torsdagen den 1:e augusti 2013 kl. 02:32:55 UTC+2 skrev Zeit Geist:
>

> > > I must ask you, you do realise that for any polygon the perimeter do have a closed rational form relative the radius?
>

> > So, if r is the radius and s is the side, then there is a rational, q,
>

> > such that r = s * q, for any n-gon (polygon)?
>

> > For example if n = 6, then q = 1.
>

> > Now, if n = 7 then that is surely false, for sin(360/7) is surely irrational.
>

> > ZG
>

> Well you know i did intend for any multiple of 3 (6/2), but it is true for any prime multiple. You just find the common primeproduct of x*3 and you can work out the starting fractional relation to the radius from there.
>

> Don't you agree?

What i try to say is that there is a perimeter to radius ratio for any polygon regardless number of vertices. It can be found using pythagoras, and it is always a rational number.

Date Subject Author
7/30/13
Read Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Tucsondrew@me.com
7/31/13
[...]
LudovicoVan
7/31/13
[...]
8/1/13
[...]
8/3/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
grei
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/4/13
Read the surfer's value (Nicholas de Cusa proved that pi was
transcendental in the 15th cue (http://21stcenturysciencetech.com
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/4/13
Read Re: the surfer's value (Nicholas de Cusa proved that pi was
transcendental in the 15th cue (http://21stcenturysciencetech.com
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Tucsondrew@me.com
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation? NO!
Virgil
8/1/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
8/1/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/1/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal
representation?
Peter Percival
8/1/13
[...]
Richard Tobin
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal
representation?
David Bernier
8/2/13
[...]
8/16/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Earle Jones
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
RGVickson@shaw.ca
8/2/13
[...]
quasi
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Virgil
8/2/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
8/16/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Earle Jones
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
JT
7/31/13
Read Re: Can a fraction have none noneending and nonerepeating decimal representation?
Phil H