Topic: Algebra Module II is online
Replies: 15   Last Post: Aug 4, 2013 12:35 AM

Meg Clemens

RE: Algebra Module II is online
att1.html (5.1 K)

Thanks-this answers my question perfectly. I had an obsolete version.

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org]
On Behalf Of Peggy Niforos
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 11:00 AM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: RE: Algebra Module II is online

Meg,

I don't know which document you are referring to, but the final draft of the
framework has S.ID.4 as an A2 topic.

See the link below:
http://www.parcconline.org/sites/parcc/files/PARCCMCFMathematicsAlgI_Nov2012
V3_FINAL.pdf

Peggy

> From: mclemens@twcny.rr.com
> To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
> Subject: RE: Algebra Module II is online
> Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:21:15 -0400
>
> Missing topic?
>
> The PARCC frameworks says S.ID.4 is included in Algebra 1.
>
> CC.9-12.S.ID.4 Summarize, represent, and interpret data on a single count

or measurement variable. Use the mean and standard deviation of a data set
to fit it to a normal distribution and to estimate population percentages.
Recognize that there are data sets for which such a procedure is not
appropriate. Use calculators, spreadsheets, and tables to estimate areas
under the normal curve.*

> Anyone know why this is not included in Module 2? Has there been guidance

from the state to exclude this?