Topic: hilbert's third problem
Replies: 24   Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 3:33 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: hilbert's third problem

Responding to Frank Zubek's boast dt. Aug 4, 2013 1:33 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2584782) and posted below my signature for ready reference:

I had earlier responded to this, somewhat inadequately with the single exclamatory word "WOW!" as I was utterly dumbstruck at that point. Now, on regaining my senses, such as they are, I'd like to further state:

Hilbert (and Max Dehn) thou shoulds't be living at this age! (Not to mention Buckminster Fuller).

GSC
++++
Frank Zubek posted Aug 4, 2013 1:33 AM

> It was me showing the synergeo guys how to accomplish
> Hilbert's third problem listed among unsolved
> problems
> with my set, and of course using my blocks, and for
> sure Kirby nor Fuller never could even have a
> faintest clue, yet the problem existed in his time
> but the cleverness was lacking.
>
> Now of course they can do it, after ME.
> I was also the first to show how to use any number of
> magnets that never repel, commonly used in polyhedra
> manufacturers, again it was not Fuller but me and now
> everyone is using my system.
> It was me who done the lowest common denominator for
> all the structures.
> It was me who discovered the most minimal blocks
> Fuller again had no clue, and any of the synergeo
> enthusiasts, and it was ME to show that two fused
> reg. tet. are NOT the minimal but the 1/8 octahedrons
> are.
> All done on a pocket calculator and a napkin, isn't
> that something.
> frank
>
> frank

Message was edited by: GS Chandy