Topic: mex linking libraries on windows
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 6, 2013 9:39 AM

dpb

Re: mex linking libraries on windows

On 8/5/2013 5:50 AM, Alastair wrote:
> Apologies for not being clearer. Yes, the .lib I have is the type
> designed for dynamic linking with the dependencies being fulfilled by
> the .dll. I guess what I was really trying to ask was, is there a way to
> combine the library's .dll into the final mex file so that only one file
> needs to be distributed. So dpb's comment "I think should be able to
> extract them w/ the librarian and turn into a static lib???" sounds
> ideal. What is the librarian?

LIB.EXE - the library manager

I'm sure you can /EXTRACT a copy of an object library entry point into a
separate .obj; I don't remember whether it's workable if you try to do
that on the .dll

What, again, other than just having two file to distribute is wrong w/
just using the library/dll as the vendor intended????