Topic: hilbert's third problem
Replies: 24   Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 3:33 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: hilbert's third problem

Wayne Bishop posted Aug 8, 2013 10:40 AM:

> With the help of OPMS, of course, you compare
> favorably with
> Perelman? I stand in awe!

Kindly point out, Professor Bishop, where I had claimed - or even faintly hinted - that I "compare favorably with Perelman" (with or without "the help of OPMS").

I stand in awe of these lies you promote in support of the weak arguments you put forth!

Questions:
=========
- -- Has this lying helped you "BLOW UP ANY SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION" yet?
- -- Does this lying help you in any other way?
- -- Do you feel that by thus lying you have won your argument?
- -- Do you perhaps feel fulfilled by thus lying?
- -- Or is it just that you feel 'naturally happier' when you do it?

Do tell.

(Quentin Tarantino made a film called "Natural Born Killers". He has not yet, to the best of my knowledge, made a film called "Natural Born Liars").

By the way, in the New Yorker article I had linked to, "Manifold Destiny" by Sylvia Nasar, there is mention of some 'manifest lies' being promoted by a famous Chinese mathematician, Shing-Tung Yau, to the effect that it was he/his students that had solved the Poincare Conjecture and not Grigori Perelman.

Hint: He got found out. (And hopefully he has since been able to realize that there is really no reason to lie - it is self-defeating).

GSC
("Still Shoveling. Not PUSHING!")

> At 12:08 PM 8/7/2013, GS Chandy wrote:

> >Further my last dt. Aug 4, 2013 2:14 PM
> >(http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=91871

> 55), I found
> >the link to a fascinating and quite insightful
> article that had
> >appeared in the New Yorker (suitable for the
> layperson) regarding
> >Grigoriy Perelman's solution of the Poincare
> Conjecture:
> >
> >"Manifold Destiny", by Sylvia Nasar
> >http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2006/08/28/060828fa_

> fact2?currentPage=all
> >
> >The ideas and attitudes of a true discoverer are

> quite 'different'.
> >
> >GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy