The Math Forum

Topic: Combining Primes
Replies: 81   Last Post: Aug 19, 2013 1:12 PM

namducnguyen

Re: Combining Primes

On 10/08/2013 5:27 PM, Bart Goddard wrote:
> Nam Nguyen <namducnguyen@shaw.ca> wrote in news:4ByNt.91228$4w4.54031
> @fx01.iad:
>

>> On 10/08/2013 3:04 PM, Bart Goddard wrote:
>>> Sandy <sandy@hotmail.invalid> wrote in

>>> Indeed. E.g., let p and q be two distinct primes. Use the Euclidean
>>> algorithm to express their gcd as a linear combination of p and q,
>>> say, ap + bq =1. Multiply by 3 to get 3ap + 3bq =3, which is a prime.
>>> We have now combined two primes to obtain a third. So much for
>>> another crackpot's "resoundingly" false assertions.

>> Have you heard of AC (Axiom of Choice)?
>>
>> What kind of "algorithm" that would allow you to _choose out of_
>> _UNCOUNTABLY many choices_ one particular choice for the 2-nary
>> relation (set) you'd symbolize by the less-than symbol '<'?
>>
>> If you could do that, then you could "combine 2 primes to get a
>> larger prime" _in general_ .
>>
>> But you can NOT.
>>

> More word salad from an idiot that doesn't know what any of
> his nouns mean. The Euclidean algorithm is deterministic,
> so it has nothing to do with AC. Please go back and get
> your GED.

Idiotic ranting.

Given 2 even numbers e1, e2 one can define the function
f(m,n) df= m+n+2 to "get to a larger" even number.

Given 2 odd numbers o1, o2 one can define the function
f'(m,n) df= m+n+1 to "get to a larger" odd number.

Instead of uttering idiotic hatred/ranting, why don't you go
reviewing basic math and tell us how you'd _spell out_ a function
f''(m,n) for any 2 primes, as has been shown to you with f(m,n)
and f'(m,n) for even and odd numbers respectively.

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
8/10/13
Read Combining Primes