Topic: matlab converting a string to variable name and assign a string to it
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 13, 2013 2:27 PM

Steven Lord

Re: matlab converting a string to variable name and assign a string to it

"shaho " <shahoshahbaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi , I have a problem ,I really appreciate if someone can help
> I tried to write a code to do this this assignment automatically
> "tree.Rightkids=SE1"
> here tree.Rightkids is a variable and SE1 is string .
> this is my code
> string1 =['tree.' ,'Rightkids']
> str ='A';
> eval(sprintf('%s=%c',string1,str))
> but I got the following error
> Error using eval
> Undefined function or variable 'A'.
> if anyone know How can I do this assignmnet.

Can you do this? Yes.

Should you do this? NO, please do NOT do this.

See question 1 in the Programming section of the FAQ for an explanation and
alternatives you should use instead.

Steve Lord