Topic: A finite set of all naturals
Replies: 32   Last Post: Aug 15, 2013 4:07 PM

namducnguyen

Re: A finite set of all naturals

On 13/08/2013 2:43 AM, quasi wrote:
> Nam Nguyen wrote:
>> quasi wrote:

>>> OK.

>>> Sure, no problem -- agreed.

>>> Yes.

>> Then the answer is No: my proof wouldn't be sufficient for GC_4
>> or GC_6 (should they be true), but for a different reason compared
>> to the weak Goldbach Conjecture.

> What reason?

Please see below.

>> Note that in the case of G_4, (sum of 4 primes) => (sum of 2 evens);
>> and in the case of G_6, (sum of 6 primes) => (sum of 2 odds).

> Is the above sentence supposed to be the reason why your proof
> method can't generalize from G_2 to G_4 or G_6?

Yes.

As I've alluded to in my recent response to you, the conclusion of GC_2
isn't of the same essence as those of GC_4 and GC_6.

For instance, (sum of 4 primes) can be written as (sum of 2 evens)
where there's _no_ 'prime' being mentioned. On the other hand, in
(sum of 2 primes), we can't get rid of 'prime' in the expression,
with the exception that (sum of 2 primes) is a sum of 1's but
that's true but indistinguishable from any sums (odd, even, what have
you).

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
8/12/13