Topic: hilbert's third problem
Replies: 24   Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 3:33 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: hilbert's third problem

Responding to Frank Zubek's dt. Aug 15, 2013 6:30 PM, pasted below my signature for ready reference:

You, FZ, are the Czar of Education.
You have taken up the responsibility of developing an effective education system for the USA.

You have come up with what is copied below my signature as your plan for US education OK. It must be a good plan, since FZ has developed it. I have called it Plan 'D'.

Wayne Bishop had preferred the following plan:

"BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!" (A)

Haim said the way to an effective education system is to:

"PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" (B)

Robert Hansen says the right way is that:

"Children should be PUSHED (not ENCOURAGED) to learn math" (and presumably everything else as well) (C)

Frank Zubek's (FZ's) proposal is what is seen below my signature. I list it as D.

Now, which amongst these 4 proposals should the US choose as THE plan for US education?

I personally do not know. (I observe, however, that FZ

You're the Czar, FZ. You decide which is the plan you intend to go with. As you're the Czar,you will get all the resources you need to carry out whatever you have chosen as THE Plan.

Let me know when you feel the US has developed an effective educational system. I look forward keenly to your notification to this effect.

I keenly await your Report informing US citizens that they now have effective educational systems installed.

GSC

+++++
Frank Zubek posted Aug 15, 2013 6:30 PM:

PLAN FOR US EDUCATION BY FZ (Plan D):

> well, I'm talking math. science, education, but
> apparently all subjects are on a downslide. I believe
> that the 50's generation was better educated with
> less money than today.
> For God's sake if you ask a everige American where is
> Europe, most don't know, many spell worst than I do,
> math. and science, are at they lowest. these are not
> my words or opinions, these are statistical facts.
> Many educators are educators because of they color of
> they skin and not because they are qulifayed to do
> so. A teacher even if qulifayed is restrained by how
> to teach a particular subject, many have no power
> over their students, the average GPE is altered, to
> obtain more funding, school boards are corrupted,
> education is corrupted, liberals want everyone to be
> a winner, there are no incentives for to strive.
> Why are math books always rewritten ? have the math.
> changed?
> There are millions of reason that in the 50's the
> education was way more effective and students on
> average
> were way better prepared for upcoming obstacles of
> life than they are today. I know kids from third
> world economies when they come here they out do any
> averadge american in any subject accept perhaps
> acting, singing,and clowning.
> Today meaningless people are promoted for they
> meaningless achievements getting meaningless awards,
> and those are the people our children are looking up
> to. Snooki, Situation, Kardashian, and countless of
> drunks and booms that are the heroes of our youth.
> What's wrong??
>
> fz

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Message was edited by: GS Chandy