Topic: Re: 8/9-9/8 Let's ask Kirby
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 15, 2013 4:58 PM

kirby urner

Re: 8/9-9/8 Let's ask Kirby
att1.html (1.7 K)

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM, frank zubek <fzubek@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mr; GSC;
>
> Here I have a angoing problem it relates to simple fractions 5th grade
> stuff;
> 8/9, 9/8
> In synergetics they have these fractions as a part of a conversion from
> IVM to x,y,z

What I tell Mr. Zubek over and over is it's the sqrt( ) of this number that
concerns me, not the bare fraction. He fishes with stories about 8/9 and
9/8, hoping I'll take the bait, but it's tasteless. My IVM <-> XYZ meme is
sqrt(9/8), a fact he won't deal with.

So it's a non-debate. We do not agree on the resolution we're debating.

The discussion was 98% nonsense from the start, but with some gems
embedded.

Mr. Zubek thinks advances in mathematics require verbal jousts of the type
he engages in. I admit to having complied with his desire to clash in some
way, but without the choreographer and retake abilities, slo mo cam, months
of coaching, months of editing, I doubt any of our sparring is destined to
catch Hollywood's attention. Bollywood maybe?

Kirby

Mr. Kirby is a product Princeton

> in synergetics they have a cube = 72 modules
> 72/8=9
> 8/72 =.1111...

blah de blah...