Topic: Integration with variable limits
Replies: 17   Last Post: Aug 20, 2013 10:20 AM

Torsten

Re: Integration with variable limits

"Sanaa" wrote in message <kul7kv$a10$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > > y_(n+1)=x_n;
> > > x_(n+1)= x_n + integration (f(y_(n+1)(s))) ds.

> > So your final aim is to solve the delay differential equation
> > dx(t)/dt = rho*x(t-r)*(1-x(t-r))
> > with x given on an interval of length r at the beginning, r and rho constant over time ?
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Torsten.

> No. I don't want to solve the original delay differential equations, I wish to solve the discrete system after a certain discretization method applied to it.
> Thanks a lot in advance.

But if the discretrization method is given, you are also given how the above integral is approximated.
Or are you _searching_ for an adequate discretization method for the delay differential equation ?

Best wishes
Torsten.