Topic: Integration with variable limits
Replies: 17   Last Post: Aug 20, 2013 10:20 AM

Sanaa

Re: Integration with variable limits

"Torsten" wrote in message <kul93r$t5q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > > So your final aim is to solve the delay differential equation
> > > dx(t)/dt = rho*x(t-r)*(1-x(t-r))
> > > with x given on an interval of length r at the beginning, r and rho constant over time ?
> > >
> > > Best wishes
> > > Torsten.

> > No. I don't want to solve the original delay differential equations, I wish to solve the discrete system after a certain discretization method applied to it.
> > Thanks a lot in advance.

> But if the discretrization method is given, you are also given how the above integral is approximated.
> Or are you _searching_ for an adequate discretization method for the delay differential equation ?
>
> Best wishes
> Torsten.

Thanks once again for your kind reply. The discretization method here is very simple, the step methods, I am not searching for the method, i just don't know how to approximate the integral. I have read about trapz and cumtrapz but my only problem now is the variable limits of integration. Using trapz or cumptrapz don't allow me to specify the variable limits; I am really confused.