Topic: Is this the right group for math help?
Replies: 16   Last Post: Aug 19, 2013 1:00 AM

Mark Rivet

Re: Is this the right group for math help?

On Friday, August 16, 2013 10:08:50 PM UTC-4, Virgil wrote:
> In article <a2029730-3d0a-4a10-89d3-cedda83b0ea0@googlegroups.com>,
>
> Mark Rivet wrote:
>

> > I am attempting to finish my calculus training on my own. I am using a book
>
> > called "quick calculus". It has been many years since I've had my calc I
>
> > class. I will need some help as I go along and some of it may be with
>
> > algebraic manipulations. Is this the right group to questions of this nature?
>
> > I am doing this for my own personal edification.
>

> While this NG may be helpful in that ways, this NG, like many others,
>
> is sometimes assaulted by those with other goals than being helpful.
>

> Try us a few times and see if you seem to be getting useful responses.
>
> --

Thanks Virgil. I will try it out. The reason I asked before posting questions is that I have been chastised before for posting questions in the wrong group.